I'm glad you asked! Brand design leadership as a discipline is not just a matter of supporting a brand through design thinking, but also employs a spectrum of practices from brand strategy to stewardship.
A typical day-in-the-life for me might include:
– Providing creative design direction
– Managing brand portals and documentation
– Leading brand architecture workshops
– Directing brand implementation
– Guiding partner brand-collaboration
– Systematizing design language processes
– Supporting other brand designers
As a designer, creative director, and brand lead, I've had the good fortune to work with great brands on projects with both local and global impact.